Off the Top of My Head
Ahh, it’s good to get some March rain. Spring is supposed to be messy. So, though I was planning to do my first mortar-collage (mosaic experiment) this Sunday or Monday, I’ll just have to wait and see.
Here are some ideas of what I hope to bring to this blog soon, and also to physical reality:
- An interview with Laura, Tony and Paul of the Neighborhood Acupuncture Project! (I volunteer there in exchange for treatments)
- Junk-a-Thon product previews (photos), like some of the finished products from last week’s stencil session, plus other stuff we will be peddling.
- An “Art Project Archive” page (my version of a Curriculum Vitae or artist’s resume)
- A hard-copy pamphlet/info-sheet that explains this whole constellation of community projects I’m startin’. (ready by Junk-a-thon, 3/28)
- Soil Testing=== I want to test the soil on our lot to see what’s in it (nutrients, pollutants, elements). I really know nothing about how to do this, so I’m just asking around. Whatever I learn, I will share here!
- Speaking of sharing, part of my make-share-learn-teach mission (hey that kind of has a ring to it…) is: I want to make skills and knowledge available to others. So, one way of doing this is to video-document (thanks Wendy!) whenever I have someone over doing a demo or workshop, or whenever I track down a soil expert, etc. I am a total novice at holding a video camera, and I’m about to teach myself how to edit. That said, documenting is one area I welcome help in! And, look forward to a freeskoolatx YouTube channel!
- Oral history projects, more interviews, neighborhood research and connecting (going local!)
- More dancing, and a Litterbug Jitterbug (Chad’s idea of a trash pick-up parade made fun)…
- Community quilt progress (starting this weekend?)
- A silkscreen workshop or demo would be an awesome follow-up to stencilling.
- Mm, a cooking class?
- More information for astrology clients!
For the present moment, I am watching the rain.
Leave a Reply